In Year 1 we love to learn by listening, speaking and looking all around us. We enjoy learning through topics which makes working more fun and interesting.
The information below provides an overview of what will be covered and advice on the end of year expectations. The staff have identified these expectations as being the minimum requirements, which must be met, in order to ensure continued progress throughout the year.
All the aspects will be worked on throughout the year and will be the focus of direct teaching using a range of resources. On occasions, methods may differ slightly to the information given but the outcomes remain the same.
Parents are encouraged to support their child's learning using this information.
- Year 1 Autumn Term [pdf 234KB]
- Year 1 SpringTerm [pdf 235KB]
- Year 1 Summer Term [pdf 257KB]
- Help your child with reading Year 1 [pdf 1MB]
- Reading with your child Year 1 [pdf 3MB]
- Recommended Book List Year 1 [pdf 125KB]
- What will my child learn in year 1 [pdf 445KB]
- Calculation Methods Y1 to Y6 [pdf 122KB]
All the above information is updated and shared by emailed with parents at the beginning of the school year, along with further advice which can be found in the parent information section